Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016 Our Investigator CAME to Church!!!!


4.25.16

Howdy, From Sister Goudy:

Dear Everyone:
  
I have found a good way to get everyone on the email list. Sorry if I
haven't sent you my emails in a while. I think I've worked out the bugs.  I am loving my mission and learning so much. It has been hard though this week went differently then I was expecting but I have still seen so many blessings. I wanted to share with you some of the awesome blessing from his week.

1) My allergies have almost completely gone away. There are so many awesome people that have helped me get better so quickly. Almost every member helped me find something to take to help me get better.

2) We got to visit a member we had been trying to see for a long time. The entire time I have been here we have really felt like we needed to visit this family. Well, this week we got to see them! They are so awesome they are really involved with all sorts of activities and so they have been really busy but the time we did get to visit with them we saw how caring they are. At the start of the week I had this crazy voice from my allergies. My voice would go from normal volume to really quiet and this sister was so nice she said lets go get you some really good medicine to help you get better. It was so sweet of her and it has helped so much. Now we are hoping to be able to go back and help her with some things around her house. It really showed me how the Lord knows us all and finds ways to open doors for us. The way the visit worked out, really made it so we could get to know them and I am so grateful for that and can't wait to go back and visit them again.

3) I get so stay with Sister Jones. This week was transfers. I was
really nervous about guiding a new companion around the area. Sister Jones knows it so well. She has been here for almost 7 months now and so I wasn't sure if she would stay or go even though I am in training and in most cases your trainer stays. I am so glad I will have another transfer to learn from her and get more familiar with the area. Our ward covers a really big area. It would be like having the people from Taylorsville to maybe Bluffdale all in one ward.

4) I am so grateful for all the resources that have been put together
for us. There are so many things that Heavenly Father has inspired to help make the adjustment to mission life as well as to get more
comfortable with teaching. I didn't really look at Preach My Gospel
before I came out on my mission and now there isn't a day I don't look at it. Preach My Gospel is such a great resource for anyone in the church. It definitely is inspired!  All of the things they have taken the time to put together are so incredible. We have a book called adjusting to missionary life and it helps me so much as well. If there is ever a time I am missing home or having a hard time talking to people I can go to that book and find a way to overcome these things.

5) This is the big one! 
😆 OUR INVESTIGATOR CAME TO CHURCH!  
We were so excited yesterday to see our investigator at church. This is her first time in almost 10 years. Her grandma was a member and so she would go with her. We are so proud of her. It has been really hard for her to come and so we could not be more happy that she came. She is also on date for baptism for May 14th.  She is making so many great changes in her life and we are so excited for her.

I know at we have been blessed. Sometimes the blessings we receive aren't what we are expecting but I know they do come. At the start of the week we were really hoping to work with some awesome new investigators and so I was thinking we would see so much progress with them but the Lord knows better than we do. He knew exactly who we needed to focus on and how we can better help them. The blessing of our efforts wasn't what I was expecting but the blessings were there. I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for all of us. He has given us so many resources to reach our full potential.

I wanted to invite you all to look at the things this week that have
been a blessing you wouldn't have thought of for yourself. I know that Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and a lot of times it isn't what we are expecting but it is what we needed. Sometimes at first we don't even realize it to be a blessing.

I liked hearing about everyone's trips to the temple and so I am
going to try and think of some challenges to give out every once and awhile.  If you have gone to the temple recently, I would love to see your pictures! I miss getting to go to the temple but I know that this is the work I need to be doing right now.  I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Sister Goudy




No comments:

Post a Comment