Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 2, 2016 Happy Mother's Day Wishes




                                                                                   5/2/16
Hi guys!

This week has been a pretty great week! We got the chance to visit with a lot of less active members. It is so awesome to hear all the cool things each of them are doing. There was a lady who has bee hives in her back yard and she was telling us all the cool natural plants she has.

We met another lady who has gotten really involved in family history. She was able to find the home that one of her great
grandparents owned. It was for sale so she got to see pictures of the inside too! How cool is that?! We have felt like family history would be a great approach to finding people to teach so tomorrow night we are going out to the family history center to learn about the program and how people get started. 


I am reading in Alma 5.  Alma the younger is trying to help the people remember the things their fathers taught.  Just like Alma was teaching then we use family history to remember our past. Like Isaiah says to turn the hearts of the children's to their fathers. I love to see how everything connects. I have really been enjoying studying the scriptures it really is an awesome spiritual feast.

It has been pretty rainy here this week and all the plants are
becoming so green and beautiful. We were going to a members house the other day and we saw this beautiful view of all the trees.



With Mother's Day coming up, I have been thinking a lot about the talk by Elder Holland "Behold thy Mother" it is such an incredible talk. He says that,  “ No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child". Wow! He is right! When I think about love I think about my Mom; all that she has done for me and  all the selfless things she continues to do for me. I don't think I will ever fully be able to understand how much my Mom has done for me but I am so very grateful to have her as my mother. I am grateful for my grandma who raised my Mom to become who she is today. I know that "When you save a girl you save generations!". 

Each of us have the chance to influence the next generation. This talk truly expressed how much I love my Mom. I hope you all get the chance to read it. 😃  I hope you all have a happy Mother's Day! Thank you for all that you do.

Love, Sister Goudy

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment