Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9 After Her Skype Visit On Mother's Dsy




Hi everyone!                                                                              5/9/16

This week was so great! Our goal was to stay really busy so we wouldn't think to much about calling home. It worked out great and we had a really good week. I really saw our unity as a companionship grow so much. Being united is so important when we are teaching and I saw how it invited the spirit to testify of the things we were saying. We were able to teach a bunch of really prepared people about the Book of Mormon! It was so awesome.

We were going to check up on a less active family when low and behold they have a non-member living with them! The members weren't home and this trumped into a great opportunity! The Lord has truly prepared people for this message and this man is one of them. We had a great time talking to him and teaching him about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to contact us if he had any questions. This week was full of some really awesome experiences like
that.

We saw some really awesome things this week. We saw an old plane landing at the airport. We saw a cool cat statue that I'm going to get a good picture of to send. We got some really cute colored eggs from a member. We also got to help plant almost 20 bushes in her yard. It was so much fun!  We had zone conference and got to sit by President and Sister Huntsman.

We had a really cool Sisters Activity today. We went on a Virginia style hike, ha-hah.  Up some rolling hills. On our way to the trail we got stopped by a train. It took a while to pass but it was so cool to see. We saw this really cool Civil War building. It was an old mill and then we saw this really cool water fall. The best part though was when we got to go back and have a devotional with all the sisters from our zone. I feel so much love for each of them as they bore their testimonies.

It reminded of how important it is to get to know people.
There are so many great people in the world and we are all God's children!   Sometimes, I forget and just decide if I like someone based on my first experience with them, but if I take the time to get to know them I see their true identity as Children of God.

I want you all to know at I am so happy that I am serving a mission at this time. I know this is where I need to be. I know that this gospel is true. I know that we are all children of God each and every one of us no matter what. I know that this gospel has helped me in everything I do and I am so grateful for all the little miracles we saw this week.

I hope you have a great week!

Love, Sister Goudy


No comments:

Post a Comment