Friday, April 15, 2016

April 4, 2016 Conference Weekend


Hi everyone! 

This week has been so crazy! Sister Jones says that on your mission people say;  a day is a week and a week is a day. That is so true. By conference I was like wow we just had p day but then when I thought back about what all we did this week I felt like what wasn't that the week before?  This week we did a ton and I truly saw how keeping yourself busy really leaves no time to have satan creep his way in. That's not to say there weren't some things hat were hard but I knew that we had accomplished so much. 

So this week we moved back to Bealton in our ward boundaries. Before we had been living out of our boundaries while out apartment in one of he members homes was being fixed.  There was a problem with the pump in the basement when the sisters weren't living there and so the walls and floor got ruined from the water. It is all cleaned up now and we have a beautiful new place to live! It took us 2 full days to get everything moved in and put away. We were so busy that the time we had to go out and teach was so successful! We got a bunch of lessons with less active members and went through our area book to see all the possible investigators we could in the time we had.  It was so fun to get all the family letters this week it was my first day in our now apartment and I had got some letters and packages from home. Thank you so much for all of your letters it was so funny to hear everyone's point of view for the party hahaha. I wanted to thank you all so much I am so greatful for your support. 

General Conference was so great! We had a lot of chances to connect with the members as well as invite as many people as we could to watch. I pray that at least one person who wouldn't have been watching conference had the chance to watch it. In conference, I noticed a big focus on temples!   Many of the talks were centered on how temples can bless our lives. I am so grateful for the temples. I have felt such a love and connection to them since the first time I went and I know that is because it is truly heaven on earth!  It is were we can be close to our Heavenly Father and make sacred covenants with Him. I am so very greatful for the covenants I have made and like Elder Holland reminded us we can feel the spirit we had in conference or in the temple all the time if we strive to do our best. I want to invite each of your to go to the temple this week  And carry that spirit you felt with you all week.  Then after you do that send me a picture of you in front of the temple with whoever you went with.

I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and that if we prepare ourselves to enter it we can keep that spirit with us. I can't wait to see all your fun temple pictures I hope you have a great week!

I love you all,
Sister Goudy



~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Grandma & Grandpa:

I love the analogy or parable of the battery.   I have noticed that so much being on my mission. Before I came out I tried to study my scriptures but I would either read half heartedly or skip some days because I am so tired. Now that I am on my mission and have seen the joy scripture study brings, I wish I wouldn't have wasted all those years. I could have known so much more by now. I am so grateful for this time I have to get into this extremely important habit. 

They do broadcast conference at the church house but most members watch it at home through their app on the tv or through 
lds.org. We did go to the church for the Saturday afternoon session and there was only one family there but it was probably one of the sessions I focused the most on.


I love the cactus picture because a lot of times we don't have to make things hard on ourselves.






Love you! ❤
Sister Goudy 
Ps I am so honored to be your favorite missionary 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment