Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 18, 2016 Zone Service Project: On a Farm!









Hi everyone! 

This week has been great! We have come in contact with
some awesome people! Mostly everyone we have talked to is religious and even if they don't have the same beliefs as we do they will tell us we are doing s great thing and to keep up the good work. It is so cool to hear that, even though they don't want to learn more they still respect what we are doing.

It has officially been a one transfer since I have been out on my
mission! We had what they call "Return and Report" where all of the new missionaries come back together and meet with President and his wife.  They are such incredible people!   I would love to spend an entire day just learning from them. They love their missionaries almost as much as they love their own kids. President showed us some objects like a rock, a bag of sand, some oil and a pine cone and he asked us if they were any type of special object. We all agreed that they were just any ordinary object. Then he told us the story of each object and about how they had found the little ordinary rock at the top of the highest mountain in the United States. That the sand was from the pyramids in Egypt, that the pine cone was from one of the tallest trees in the world and that the oil had come from an olive tree in Gethsemane. It wasn't until we knew all of these things that we understood how extraordinary these things are. He then told us to look at each person we meet with the same extraordinary perspective. He told us that our
Heavenly Father knows all that we can become and we should look at each person we meet with that same potential. By seeing people's
potential I have felt so much greater love for them. It was such a great experience and it helped me to get to talk with the other sisters I came out with and see that we are all going through similar things.

On Saturday Sister Jones got to go to the temple with a recent convert that was baptized in her last area. It was  her first time to the temple and it was such a good experience for them. We did an exchange and I got to go with a really sweet sister. I was only with her for a little bit but I learned so much from her.
  
On Sunday we had dinner with the Prices. They are so awesome! They love the missionaries and are always willing to help us with anything. I haven't been feeling very well.  I think it's allergies. The trees are getting really pretty and so it is making everyone have really crazy allergies. Well, when we were at the Prices, Sister Price says, " Sister are you feeling all right?" I told her about how I hadn't been feeling well and so her and Brother Price started looking through their cabinets for any kind of medicine to help me. They are so awesome!

So a couple of weeks ago we did a service project on a farm. It is a
member's farm that they are going to open to teach kids about farm
work. It was our Zone Service Project and so she wasn't from our ward but what it sounds like is the missionaries have been helping out on the farm for quite a long time. We took care of some baby goats and helped clean out the chicken coop. It was a lot of fun!


I think it is so cool that our home ward has sister missionaries now.
I don't think there has ever been sister missionaries in any of the
wards I have been in. As I have thought about it, I have really seen it as a great blessing that my family will get to talk to them and know more of what I am doing. I know that they are there right now for a reason.

I am getting a lot more confident with talking to people and I am so
excited to continue to get better at it.
  

Love, Sister Goudy





























No comments:

Post a Comment