Wednesday, August 9, 2017

8.7.17 Bye, Bye, Bug Spray


Hey Everyone! 

I hope you have had a great time since the last time we talked. It hasn't been long but quite a bit has happened.  We had our car fast and we've put away our bug spray and pulled out our rain boats today. 






At the beginning of the year our mission started doing a car fast. The first Saturday of every month, we hang up our car keys and pull out our good old missionary walking shoes. I have always despised this day until now. Sister Moore is one spirit following Rockstar! She has taught me that it's okay to not put a ton of plans in the schedule because the Lord WILL place people in your path. As we went out we planned to talk with everyone we saw and it was incredible! Not everyone was interested but we were able to teach each person in some way. 

I might not have explained it very well last time I emailed. Our mission frequently sets goals for the week of how many new investigators we will find in that time. President wanted us to focus on the Book of Mormon and so we came up with the idea to find 531 new investigators in that week. Someone you have taught a lesson to, invited to do something and set up a time to met again.

As our mission has had a focus on the Book of Mormon this week we made sure to utilize a scripture in every contact, if we could. I came to understand that as it says in Preach My Gospel, "The Book of Mormon, combined with the Spirit, is your most powerful resource in conversion." Not only were the people we talked to enlightened by the spirit but they then had physical evidence that they could study and apply for themselves. I know my testimony of the Book of Mormon definitely increased. I would stop myself from just handing out a pamphlet and try to think of a verse or a chapter that would teach the same principle. It was no longer me just teaching what I know and became God’s children learning from His word. 

It has been a fun couple of days! 

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! 

Love, Sister Goudy 




Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment