Thursday, August 3, 2017

8.3.17 Thursday Prep Day

8/3/17

Hey Everyone! You might have noticed the change in pday for the week. My new companion Sister Moore has a twin sister in the D.C. North mission so today we went to the temple. They were able to go with each other so that was really cool.



We had one of our Senior Couples take us out to lunch afterwards at their favorite place, 5 Guys. 






So you are probably wondering about my new companion. I've always been bad about introducing them to you so I'll try to improve this transfer.  Her name is Sister Moore. She is toward the end of her mission too. She is such a hard worker and loves sharing the gospel. Like I said before she has a twin sister and then 4 brothers back at home. Funny story I actually have met her before the mission. So she is from South Jordan, Utah. My good friend Jessi and I went to her house and her orchestra concert our SR. Year. Super funny. Sister Moore loves to talk to everyone! I'll tell you more things in the coming weeks about her. 

This week has been really fun! We went to missionary leadership council and president showed us this video. It was where they handed out all 531 pages of the Book of Mormon and invited people to look for the references to God in it. It was so cool to see that even though they weren't members of the church they absolutely loved reading the Book of Mormon. Many people we talk to think they have to be members to read it.

After watching the video President said he wants us to use the Book of Mormon more as our main recourse for teaching people. We have been working on using it in every finding approach and I am so impressed by the things it has brought about with it. President asked us what we thought would be a good finding goal to go with our Book of Mormon week and I said 531.  One for each page. He agreed so we are faithful looking for those 531 souls. Keep us in your prayers. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God I know that we will get nearer to Him as we read from its amazing 531 pages. I love you all and leave this with you in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love,  Sister Goudy







No comments:

Post a Comment