Monday, August 28, 2017

8.28.17 Seven Days without God makes one WEAK !

Hi there Everyone!                                            

You know our time for these letters is coming to a close. I just want you all to know how grateful I am for EACH of you. Whether you are just reading my emails or someone I regularly talk to, I know you have played a huge part in my mission. 


Over this time, my love for so many things has grown but especially my love for the Savior has grown. Yesterday, in sacrament meeting the talks were on faith and putting our faith into action. I have found that the only way I have been able to grow my faith and love for the Savior has been as I put it into action. One of the speakers truly took the symbolism of baptism to a whole new level for me. He said that when we are baptized we don't fall forward, we don't dunk ourselves, we don't just spring ourselves. We completely immerse ourselves. We fall back, putting all our trust in the person baptizing us. But really we are showing that we are fully and completely putting all our trust in the Lord. We are letting go of the things in the past and looking forward to the things to come. I have been so honored to watch my dear friends let go of so much to receive so much more. 




I was excited to hear about our friend Ismael!  This is the guy we met in July saleing coconuts. HE GOT BAPTIZED the other day!! 



What an amazing reminder to me that we never can tell where we will find that person who is truly ready to let go and trust in the Lord. He has moved up to Richmond for school but has been driving all the way to Crystal City to go to church. I know he has truly given up so much to make this promise with the Lord. 

I am so grateful for this chance to witness these changes for myself. 

I love you all! See you soon! 

Love, Sister Goudy 

Happy Birthday!



Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment