Monday, April 3, 2017

4.3.17 April Conference Weekend




Hey there Neighbor!                                           4/3/17

It's Blossom Time!!!







I would have to say this General Conference was definitely my favorite. I felt like every talk had just what I needed to hear in it. It could not have come at a more perfect time for our investigator Tony who we have been teaching for a while now.  He is preparing for baptism and we recently talked about gaining a testimony of the Prophet. He had the chance to watch two of the sessions this weekend. He really loved it. He has really been enjoying the Book of Mormon, too. When we followed up with him, he could practically lay out all of the story line. I was very impressed. We are so excited for him. He is making so many changes. 

This weekend we also had our car fast and it was incredible to see all of the little miracles along the way. We weren't even a few feet from our apartment when we ran into a man walking his dog. I had been looking through the area book that morning and when he introduced himself as Brother Bold I said Hey you have been working with some friends to get them to church right? He said yes there is a man I work with that might be interested. We talked with him some more and he ended up called the friend and leaving a message. Brother Bold excited called us last night and told us his friend would love to meet with us this week. He is preparing to get married and would love to learn about eternal marriage. After that incredible experience we set out on foot up the road four miles to our lessons.

We ran into a man named Josh. Having been given the challenge from Sister Huntsman to go out of our way to talk to 10 people a day, we rushed over to talk with him. He was such a nice guy and was interested in learning more.

We then set out on our journey up the road. As we walked we tried to talk with everyone and even got the chance to eat some lunch on the go. Haha, the best way for a missionary. We didn't quite calculate the time very well and so maybe only a mile or two into our journey we felt like we should text the friends we were meeting with. I really gained a testimony of the Lord’s work at this time when both of them told us they had other things come up and were able to reschedule with us.

Now with time not being so much of a worry we were able to stop and help a lady fix her bike. Sister Von Savoye was incredibly prepared when she was able to give the woman a Spanish plan of salvation pamphlet. I am so grateful for her willingness to follow the spirit and bring one. I am sad to say that earlier that morning I was not as wise and decided we wouldn't need one. So I left them all at home. When we heard the talk to follow the first prompting we receive I know that was Heavenly Father talking right to me. I will commit to you all that I will now be following every prompting the first time. I won't always have a companion by my side to help me out. 

It has been such a great week. I know that the Lord is mindful of each of us and this great work. General conference has given me a renewed desire to get to know the Savior better especially by studying the scriptures and reading the Living Christ. So then when hard times come we too can "stand up on the inside". I sure love you all! 

Love, Sister Goudy 



No comments:

Post a Comment