Monday, February 27, 2017

2.27.17 Lots of Good Things Coming Our Way!



Hey everyone!    

I'm really sorry I didn't get an email to you all out last week. We went to Mt. Vernon for Presidents' Day with our friend Jamie. It was a lot of fun but it was really crazy too. We didn't realize how far away it was from us. This area has been such a cool place to serve but such a big adjustment especially with the roads. Most the time I end up going the wrong way so I've decided it isn't a good day until Sister Goudy gets lost.

The other night we were on our way home and turns out I put in the wrong address. We started driving up a road I recognized and that's when I realized I had put in the wrong address. We hurried back home and in the process we got rerouted three times. Ha-ha, very humbling. I think I was a pretty good driver back at home but here I'm pretty sure I would be a close second for worst driver, ha-ha. It makes for a very interesting car ride.
 
The other day we were driving past the Pentagon and the GPS took us right up to the front gates. Knowing my driving my companion started getting nervous thinking I had taken us the wrong way and we were going to get in big trouble. But have no fear it wasn't the wrong way we made it out safe and were able to go for our scheduled trip to the Pentagon today.

We don't have any pictures to prove it so you'll just have to take our word for it. Our member was so nice to take us on a personally guided tour of some of the places it is such a big building. She said it is the biggest non-skyscraper office building in the WORLD.  I'm pretty sure we only saw a very very small portion of it. 

This week we had some really cool experiences. We were driving down the road before an appointment and we felt like we should stop and talk with this guy who was walking his dog. We turned around and yes after a couple of detours, we found a good spot and went up to talk to him. His name is Pedro and he has read from the Book of Mormon and knows it is true. He couldn't understand too much of what we were saying and so we set up a time to come back with a member that could talk to him because we weren't sure if he was a member or not. When we went back, he was ready at the door with his pamphlet. He said he had already read it and knows it's true. He said he wants to be baptized so we quickly passed him to the Spanish sisters. They went over on Saturday and said he is awesome!!!  

Oh also! Do you remember our friend Joe? He is a YSA we gave a pass along to in the gas station. He is on date for baptism!!!! The sisters have been working with them and he is doing great. This Saturday, I will have the chance to go back to Goose Creek and see the baptism of my friend Judith. She is getting baptized the day after her daughter’s birthday.  It is going to be such an amazing step for their family and I am so grateful to have been a part of it.

Another cool experience that happened this week was three of our friends came to church! Not only that but a mother and a daughter looked up a church only and came to visit for the first time. They said they go to the temple lights every year and wanted to come check it out. We will get to put them in touch with some great missionaries. We found out that next march the D.C. temple will be closing for a year and a half. The incredible part is that at the end of that time they will re-dedicate it and allow the public to enter. There is not doubt in my mind that this is going to be one of the BIGGEST missionary opportunities ever! People always want to go inside and now they can. 

We got the chance to be a part of a mini-MTC this weekend. It seems like a common theme in a lot of the areas I have served in to do a mini-MTC which is super cool. The youth seem to really enjoy it. We had a 16 year old girl come out with us. She sure loved it and said she has been trying to decide whether or not to serve. It was cool to see how she has already been thinking about it. I am so grateful for the chance to serve a mission. I know I will never regret it. I am so grateful for all the people that we have been so blessed to work with. I can't wait to see who else is out there. I know that this gospel is true and I sure love it. I hope you all have a great week! 

Love, Sister Goudy 

P.s. We got a new ward mission leader. His name is Mark and he is a rock star. We all got a picture on Sunday for our kickoff meeting. Even before Mark was called he would call us up and ask us what appointments he could come to. He is awesome! 





No comments:

Post a Comment