Tuesday, February 14, 2017

2-13-17 New Companion From California



Hey everyone, this has been one eventful week. Sister Willes went home on Tuesday and the adventure began. I got called to be a trainer for a new sister and the MTC had arranged it so the new missionaries weren't coming out until Thursday. When I met with president he said he wasn't sure who I would be going with until then and the even funnier part is that when we got to the stake center to send sister Willes home. President came up to me and said so are your new companions here? We then figured out that they had forgot to get a hold of the sisters I was going with so president said well it looks like you are flashing solo. Ha-ha he talked to with assistants and they went on a mad scramble to get a hold of the sisters I was going to be with for a couple of days. Ha-ha it was a great start for the week. We had a lot of fun adjusting our schedules to fit both of our lessons in and everything turned out really well. On Thursday we went to the Train The Trainers meeting and that is when it hit me that I was going to have to lead and teach someone 24/7 for twelve weeks. President talked about how we set the standard for these new missionaries. It's really cool because I am almost training at the exact same time that I was in training a year ago. It reminds me a lot of when I was in training. 

My new companion is Sister Von Savoye. She is Awesome!! She definitely has greenie fire and she is such a quick learner. She is from the Bay Area of California. She went to BYU Idaho before she came out and she is a twin. I am so excited to get the chance to work with her. It has already been a great experience. She has incredible faith that has already brought so many miracles. We have been blessed with a good group of people in our age group to work with. I am so excited to see the growth in this area this transfer. We have kept really busy and I think that has helped us both so much. I'm really excited for this opportunity to serve. 

Some cool things that happened this week: 

Our friend Pam came to church for the first time. I was kind of worried because we hadn't heard anything from her and we hadn't seen her. But when we went to our class she was there!! We were so excited to see her. 

J.R. (The friend that got baptized a couple of weeks ago) got to pass the sacrament!! He did such a great job. We are working on getting him to the temple this transfer. 

Our friend Mike said he was willing to keep the Sabbath day holy and said he would move his schedule so he wouldn't have to work at all on Sunday. He is doing so great. 

Judith, the friend from Goose Creek is getting baptized on March 4th!!! I'm so excited to have the chance to go back and see her and her cute little girls. 

Sister Von Savoey has been doing so awesome at just jumping in and talking to people. The other day she went up to this guy without me even saying anything. She is a rock star. 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week. I know that this gospel is true and that it will bring us so much happiness as we fully apply it in our lives. 

Love, Sister Goudy 









No comments:

Post a Comment