Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016 Stake Conference

Hey Everyone!                                                          6-20-16

 I hope you all had a great week and especially a happy Father's Day! I am so grateful for my dad for all he has taught me. He is one of my biggest supports. I am also so grateful for our Heavenly Father who has helped each of us reach our full potential. I know that these two fathers together truly can help us become incredibly people.

This week was a good week! We talked to a lot of people and saw so many blessings from it. There was a time we were driving down the road and sister Hyer said we should go talk to that guy! So we turned around. He was such a nice humble man and was so excited to learn more about Christ and his gospel. We taught him about the restoration and he was ready to keep learning. We set up a time to meet him again but we found out He didn't live in our mission so we sent his information off and I know he will be so happy as he learns more about this restored gospel. It has been so cool to see how talking to everyone can be such a blessing. It has helped me be more confident in my testimony and helped me see why this work is so important.

Yesterday, we got the chance to go to stake conference. It was so cool to see all the faithful members that drive up to an hour to get there. We got to hear from our Elder Clayton and Elder Palmar of the 70. Elder Clayton came up to us and talked with us for a little bit.  They both shared powerful testimonies of missionary work. Elder Palmar shared how sometimes we don't always see the full effect of the work we do.  He shared how one of the elders that baptized his father was sad that he didn't have the chance to baptize more people. Then Elder Palmar
talked about how that one baptism he did have lead to so many more baptisms because all of his family is still active today and many of them have served missions. At the beginning, they read off all the missionaries names for that stake and had all those who were supporting them stand up. It was so powerful to see how each missionary has people at home who love and pray for them. I am so grateful for everyone of you for all your love and support!  Our mission presidents wife said that in our mission currently we have 58 sisters and 128 elders.

I am so grateful for this chance I have to serve in this area and for all the people that are ready to hear he gospel. I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Sister Goudy

P.S.  We got to hold baby bunnies at a member’s house.  We went on a hunt in the woods for a member’s house. Turns out they had moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment