Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 06, 2016 Cherokee is Confirmed and Transfers are Here




Hi everyone!                                             6/6/16

 This week has been full of changes.  Our investigator, Cherokee, got confirmed yesterday!  She said she felt so warm. She seems so happy that she made this change in her life. The ward is really doing so great at reaching out to her. I am so excited to see where she goes. We were talking to one of the members who knew her grandma and they said she is probably doing cartwheels in the spirit world. Her grandma was the most amazing member who would bring Cherokee to church when she was younger. I can't wait for the day I can meet her grandma.

We have a new investigator, too! His name is Darius he has been making a ton of changes in his life. It was so awesome when we came over for the first lesson he had a table all set up with the things we had given him with pens and paper all ready to take lots of notes. It was the coolest thing ever!   He really is so ready for the restored gospel.  He's so prepared. It's going to be so cool to see him make these changes in his life. When we left we invited him to say the prayer.   He was pretty nervous but he did a great job. He said he just really wanted to mean everything he said.   He wanted it to come from the heart.  His prayer truly did come from the heart!   It was so cool and after he said,”I really felt that.”

The biggest change for the week was transfers. It has been a huge adjustment but I know it is important to have these changes. I am so grateful for the incredible opportunity I had to be companions with Sister Jones. She taught me so much. And I miss her a ton! The sister that trainers you is called your mom and she truly is a mom to me.  She taught me to love the ward and to do all you can to work with them. She taught me to love your companion and to be yourself, be happy and love your mission.  But most importantly she taught me that you are never alone. There was one time we knocked on a couple of doors and the people weren't the nicest and I was taking it really hard and then she said, “ Hey I'm with you, too. We are sent out 2 by 2 for a reason. Not only do we always have our companion  with us but we ALWAYS  have the Lord right along side with us.”   I heard this great quote today "We never need to feel alone in the Lords service because we never are"  I know that this is his work and he wants us to have success. I know that we are each in the area and with the companion we need to be with to continue to learn and grow. I know that we now have these new opportunities that are perfect for what we need.

My new companion is Sister Hyre. She is from Moses Lake Washington. I can already tell I am going to learn so much from her, too. She isn't afraid to talk to everyone, she is obedient and she fallows the spirit.

The other day we were driving down the country road and we passed one of the few houses on the road and she said we should go try that house. So we turned around and tried it. No one was home but guess what?   Someone was placed in our path her name is Georgie.   She lives right across the field from the house we stopped at. She was so nice we talked to her for a little bit and she said we could come back so we are going to go see her later this week.  I know the Lord has been preparing people in this area and I have seen the beginning of that in the past couple of months. Changes are so hard but I know that Heavenly Father wouldn't have us do it if it wasn't important.

I love you all so much! I am so grateful for this chance I have to become who the Lord wants me to be. It will be hard but it will definitely be worth it. It's hard to make changes but hey are just what we need. I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Sister Goudy



One of our favorite "member missionaries"







Cherokee was confirmed today!


My first companion, Sister Jones




My new companion, Sister Hyer from Oregon

(No relation to our Hyers from Stansbury Park)









No comments:

Post a Comment