Monday, October 17, 2016

10-17-16 The Three Musketeers


                                                 10/17/16
Hey Everyone!
                                                    

Three Musketeers

I hope you have had a great week! I love being in the trio it is so much fun! The sister Roberts and sister Nenaman keep me laughing. We did a lot of finding this week. Leesburg is such a fun area to serve in, too. A lot of the people are very educated so sometimes it's really intimidating when we go up to talk to them but between the three of us we usually know what to say.

One of the coolest miracles we saw from our finding was one night when we were trying to decide where we needed to go. After we prayed we decided we should go try a lady we had met earlier in the week. We got to her apartment complex but we could not find her building. As we were walking around we ran into a lady named Rachel. We stopped and talked to her. She said we are so different from other people. Haha, in her own works she said, "you guys are so cute and cheesy."  We went back the next day and had another lesson with her and it was incredible!! I know that the gospel truly does bring us happiness!   It was such a blessing to run into Rachel. I know that we were guided to where we needed to be.

Also, this week we got to go to a Sr. Center to play bingo.  I was in charge of calling the numbers and I learned they really do love their bingo. One time I accidentally called the wrong number (hahah) it was not pretty. They were so fun to play with though. There was a man who would call the number right after I did but he would say it in all sorts of fun voices.  It was really funny. We are hoping to go back again this week.

We had a fun time this week learning how to jump our car. We found out that the battery had been low and so every time we stopped we had to have someone jump us. Luckily, it was the end of the night so we didn't have too many places to go. One of the members said we should use it as a finding method. We got it all fixed today it was pretty funny!

We went to the temple Visitors Center with our friend Johnnie.   She is the only member in her family. She is super excited to go to the temple. On Sunday when we talked to her she said she told her daughter about the experience and she was saying she would like to go sometime, too. She is so excited to share the excitement with her.

On Thursday, we had our zone conference and it was so fun. I felt like everything we talked about was just for me! We talked about having the faith to find new investigators. They shared several of the scriptures where the Lord says the field is white already to harvest. I know that there are people who the Lord is preparing to have us share this message with. Every time I leave zone conference I am so excited to set new goals and go out and find people.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing was getting to hear from our Stake President speak on somethings we can do to work with the members. He gave us a great list of small and simple things, that I know will truly build their trust in us. It was such a blessing to get to meet so many incredible members of the church. We have a tradition at zone conference where some of the ward members in the stake make us a really nice lunch, then when we are done we sing, "Called to Serve," to the sweet sisters who made our lunch. This time all of the sisters have kids on missions. It was such a cool experience. When the stake president was talking to us he said we need to make sure we thank our families for making the sacrifice so we can be here. He said he didn't realize how hard it was for his parents to send him on his mission until he sent his children on their missions. He said it is a bigger sacrifice as a parent than it is as a teenager.

I am so grateful for this chance I have to serve the Lord. I have learned so much and my testimony has grown even more. I know at this truly is Christ’s church on the earth today! I know that he loves us and he wants us to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father.

Love, Sister Goudy




Our Latest Finding Approach ?


Our New Mascot???


At the Temple with Johnnie




No comments:

Post a Comment