Monday, October 24, 2016

10.24.16 Chopped down a Tree . . .well at least we helped!







Hey everyone!                                              10.24.16

This week has been a blast! We did service for our friend Mark and he let me chop down a big chunk of his tree. I had exchanges with Sister Hyer and Sister Lidell. We ran into our friend Rachel and we had a lot of fun finding.  

I'm learning Spanish! There is one neighborhood we go to and at every house we ask them how to say something. They usually get a good laugh out of us. I'm super excited for Halloween because we have our wards trunk or treat! It will be a great way to meet lots of people. For Halloween we will have our p-day and then meet together as a zone for a missionary movie. We aren't allowed to go out probably because we'd just end up with a lot of candy. Ha ha.

Friday afternoon we went over to our friend Mark's house to help him in his yard. It was a really cool experience because the week earlier we had been trying to figure out how we could help him. When we went over for his lesson he wasn't feeling very well so sister Roberts asked him about some bags of bark he had in his yard. We asked if we could help and he was so excited! When we came back he had us help him cut down his tree. It was awesome! I don't think I have ever used an ax before.

Since there is three of us they did exchanges a little bit differently they are only going to take one of us at a time. It was cool because I got to just watch and learn from them that way. They were getting ready for their friend Sarah's baptism. It made me really excited to help our friends prepare for baptism. We set a goal as a zone to put one person on date for baptism a week. I think it will be a good goal for us because we have found a lot of people but we are struggling to get past the first lesson. 


We hadn't heard from our friend Rachel for a long time so one night we felt like we needed to go by and see her. Right as we were walking up to her apartment she was walking out! It was perfect! She was so excited to see us and said she was planning on coming to church on Sunday. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we will have a lot of solid people we are meeting with every week.

Today, we went to the historic Balls Bluff battlefield right on the border of Virginia and Maryland. We went with all of the sisters in our zone.  It was a lot of fun. We walked right down to the Potomac river.  Then afterwards we had Chick-Fil A for lunch. It was a lot of fun.



Zone Sisters

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord here in Virginia. I know that this gospel is true and I know it truly blessed our lives as we live by it's principals. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and he wants more than anything to have us return to live with him. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God and that there are so many promised blessing as we read it. I have been going through all of the talks from conference and one of my favorites was the one called "Power in the Book." It talks about the incredible power in the Book of Mormon. I am trying to trust more in that promise that as we hand copies out that people will feel the sprit as they read it. This week we tried to hand out as many copies of the Book of Mormon as possible and we did awesome! I know that as we truly study and feast upon the words of Christ, we WILL be strengthened.



 Sisters Lidell, Goudy & Hyer


Love, Sister Goudy

No comments:

Post a Comment