Monday, August 29, 2016

8.29.16 Second Transfer

Hey Everyone!

I just want to thank you all so much for your love,
support and prayers. I can definitely feel them. We have seen so many
miracles and I know without a doubt that your prayers have helped make
them possible. We have been able to find people to teach and have been
working to help them progress. This week we put our friend JC on date
for baptism!! We are so excited for him! He is extremely humble and
thankful for this opportunity to learn. He already has such an
incredible testimony of the gospel.  We are so excited for him to be
baptized on September 24th!!

Another cool miracle happened this week on our way to dinner. We got a
call from someone but their number wasn't saved in our phone so we had
no idea who it was. When we answered they said is this Sister Goudy
and Sister Hyer? It was one of our new investigators!! We had met with
her earlier that day and had invited her to read Mosiah 24 about the
people who were in bondage and then delivered by the Lord. She said "I
just had to call and tell you, I was reading that chapter you asked me
to read about bondage and I was right at the part where the lord is
delivering them and my mom called and told me that we are going to be
able to have my nieces and nephews move in with us!!" She connected it
directly to the chapter that the kids were being delivered into a
better situation. It was so awesome to see her make that connection! I
know that the Book of Mormon was written for our day and that it does
apply to what we are going through. This really reminded me of how
mindful our Heavenly Father is of us.

This week we had transfers which has been a very bitter sweet
experience   It's hard to say good bye to a companion. I don't know why
I never thought about how leaving someone you have spent 24/7 with for
3 months would not be hard. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had
to learn from Sister Hyer! She taught me how to be exactly obedient
and to follow Preach My Gospel. I am striving to really apply the
things she taught me to the work here. It was so fun to work with her.
This will be my 5th transfer here in Warrenton and I am so excited to
see it continue to grow. Over the last 6 months of being here I have
seen it transform so much.   Five transfers is kind of a long time to be in
an area but I know Heavenly Father knows what I need so I am striving
to see what he wants me to see. My new companion is Sister O'Donnall.
She is from Utah and she loves animals. She has a moss ball for her
"pet" on her mission. She has a strong testimony and she is really
good at helping people understand gospel principles through her
stories. This is one of her last transfers in the mission so she is
very experienced.

Sister Hyre's birthday is tomorrow and so before she left Sister
Anguiano (the awesome member we live with) made her favorite desert
and decorated our apartment. She was really sad to leave but she was
glad she got to say bye to some of the members. We got to help pull
weeds at one of the member’s farm. They have all sorts of fun animals
one of our favorites was the big goats that greet you at the front
door. That same family also gave us some milk from their cows and
taught us how to make our own cheese. It was so cool!!


I am so grateful to have this opportunity to serve the Lord! Change is
hard but I know it is for the best. I am so excited to keep learning
this transfer and especially to keep seeing miracles. I know that this
truly is Christ’s church. I know that as we put our trust in him he will
provide a way. I have been reading in Ether about the brother of Jared
and all the times he cries into the Lord. It reminded me of how
important it is to always talk to our Heavenly Father. It brings me so
much comfort to know that He is always here for me when you might feel
lost or unfamiliar, He is there. I hope you all have a great week and
know that I love you!


Love, Sister Goudy






Last account activity: 2 minutes ago
Open in 1 other location  Details











No comments:

Post a Comment