Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016 THe Members Are Vital

Howdy from Sister Goudy!                              

Sister Hyer has started saying Howdy, Sister  Goudy too, it's awesome! We've had kind of a rainy week. It rains really hard out here.

This week we had an awesome lesson with Kate! We have seen her change so much. Which is so cool because that is what the gospels is all about. One of the coolest things though is that Kate is taking her whole family to one of the member’s farm tomorrow! I am so excited for her! When I heard the member had invited her over I was so happy. We really can't do this work without Heavenly Father and the members.

I think one of the coolest things I have seen on my mission is how the gospel truly softens hearts. This week we met with an awesome lady who at the beginning seemed super hesitant but by the end she was really open with us. It's a powerful testimony to me of how the spirit works. A couple of months ago we were on a lady's doorstep and she was not at all about the church, but after a coupe, of minutes of the spirit testifying to her she had a huge change of heart.

One of my favorite scriptures from my reading this week was in 3 Nephi17 verse 5 it says, "And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them."  I know we haven't seen Christ yet but we do have so many ways we can feel of his presence. I have loved reading about when he came to the Americas and to learn more about who he truly is. I know that another way we can learn more of him is in the temple I am so excited next week we will get to go to the temple! I know that this gospel is true and I love being able to serve the Lord!


 I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Sister Goudy

No comments:

Post a Comment