Monday, July 17, 2017

7.17.17 Coconuts Anyone?


Wow! 7/17/17 This week was so miracles and eventful. It's getting to be the end of the transfer so in order to fit in 9 different exchanges with all of our sisters we went on 3 exchanges this week. We have such amazing sisters who bring so much excitement to our area. I learned from them that our Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers. I don't have too much time but I just want to share a couple examples of how I learned that. I have gone on several exchanges without a problem but for some reason this week I was so nervous for all of them. I have been praying a lot that they would go well and it turns out each of the sisters had been as well. The first exchange I went on was with the sisters from Crystal city. They are in an area that doesn't have a car so for the first half of the day Sister Richardson and I where on foot. I learned so much in that short amount of time. When I thought everything was falling apart, I learned that Heavenly Father was just rearranging it to what it really was supposed to be. As we walked, we talked with everyone. When it was time to stop for lunch we walked up to a store. It's kind of an interesting part of town so we weren't sure where to eat. We decided to go into one restaurant and just look at the menu. Come to find out we weren't there for the food we were there for our dear friend Hudan. She doesn't have a Christ background but she was so excited to meet us. Funny thing was, we really thought we were there for food. but when she kept helping us figure out where to find things we realized we needed to teach her. So we sat down and started getting to know her. Later that day I had found out that Sister Richardson had been praying to just be able to teach a lesson. She was so excited when, later that day, we had a lesson with such an amazing prepared family from Ghana. I know that both of us could not doubt that Heavenly Father was absolutely guiding our day. The next miracle came on our exchange with our brand new sister. This was her first exchange. She is currently serving in a young single adult ward. When she came she told me they had a ton of people that wanted to meet on the day we had exchanges scheduled for. She didn't know how it would happen but she know that the Lord would provide a way. Well he sure did! We saw this guy selling coconuts on the side of the road. We went and had our lesson and when we came back he was still there. We got one and then started talking to people to see if anyone was willing to listen. Our dear friend that was selling the coconuts really was interested. He listened and wanted to learn more. Well you will never guess. He is a young single adult that lives in the sisters area! Wow! It doesn't get more miraculous than that. I know that Heavenly Father is there. I know he hears and answers our prayers. He will never leave us alone. I know this Gospel is true. It is our steps to our Father in Heaven. I love you all and leave this with you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen. Sister Goudy

No comments:

Post a Comment