Monday, July 24, 2017

7.24.17 God's Hand in Our Work!

Okay! It seems like every week I say I have l learned so much about how Heavenly Father is so completely aware of us but it's because I never cease to be amazed by the many ways He truly shows His amazing hand in our lives. This was the last week of our transfer and so it seemed to be crunch time for us. 

At times I was very overwhelmed by everything going on. I think transfers have always been a hard thing for me. They are good but hard at the same time. At times when I was the most overwhelmed, it was incredible to see all the tender miracles Heavenly Father showed to me.   It was from something as small as a delicious dessert to as big as being able to see some of my amazing friends again. I know that Heavenly Father knew just what I needed. 

One of the most amazing blessings this week was getting to see both Robin and Andy speak at our missions fireside. They do it at the end of every transfer. Andy gave me a little shout out saying we sat down for dinner and I said, "So Andy, when are you getting baptized?" There was a lot of the story missing but it was sooo funny.  I’m pretty sure my face went red and the entire room got 10 degrees hotter. Ha,ha!  I think it was a good reminder to me that people definitely listen to and remember the things we say. So be careful what you say!

It's definitely good to be bold but as long as you are loving along with our boldness. We had a zone Conference once where they talked to us about BLT ( bold, loving, testify). If we match our boldness with equal parts L and T it all will be good. When Elder Bennett came to our mission, he said we can never be too bold as long as we are loving. I mean it even says in the scriptures  "whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth" - Hebrews 12:6 

Another amazing miracle and reminder to me this week was how much our Heavenly Father truly loves each one of us. There are times my family will send me something just when I need it and it just lifts my spirits even more. Our families know just what we need.

We had a lesson with one of our friends that we hadn't seen in a good month. He's a really busy guy but he said, "For some reason I was available that day."   We quickly learned the miraculous  reason as the member we brought with us walked in. We introduced them to each other. They both are from Ghana. They started talking about the things they remember from their country when all of a sudden the member looks over at us and says, "He is my brother!"  We thought she just meant her brother in Christ or that they had a lot in common but no! They are actually blood related. They are cousins! Turns out they had been looking for each other for over 20 years! How amazing is that. Our Heavenly Father will NEVER forget any of his children. 

"What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?  And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost."  - Luke 15:4-6

What a joy it is to be a part of this marvelous work. That we can help the Lord care for our brothers and sisters here on earth. I know that this gospel is true. I know the Lord rejoices in us. Our joy is His joy. He knows what we need and he will truly bless us as we turn to him. I love you all so much and leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! 


Love, Sister Goudy

3 pics





Yummy dessert at member's home!





A member took us on a tour plus of the military base near here where he works.




No comments:

Post a Comment