Monday, June 19, 2017

6.19.17 Small and Simple Things in Fort Belvoir



Well, Hey there everyone! 

I've got a good update for you on this new week, transfer, area and companion. Lots of new things happened this week. I am now serving in the Fort Belvoir ward. It's in Alexandria and Lorton Virginia right off the Potomac. There is such a great variety of cultures here in the area. My companion, Sister Millward told me people like to feed us food from all over the world here so get your maps ready.  This is Sister Millward’s last transfer. It's kind of cool actually, we have served in the same zone our entire missions and now we get to be companions. She is from Idaho and I hear she is an amazing dancer. She is the youngest in her family. I think the greatest thing I have learned from her, so far, is how great she is at literally making friends with everyone. I have to ask her sometimes if she already knows the people we are talking to because she seems like they are best buds. Ha-ha she is great. 

We are so excited to be sister training leaders together. We came up with a fun idea to kick off our Christ like attribute for this transfer, it's happiness and joy. One night after we got home we were joking around and one things snow balled into another and now we will be sending out a small and simple goal each day for the sisters. Last year President Huntsman would send out a small and simple video and would challenge us to do something that day to bring about our goal of 300 baptisms last year. I know it was by those small and simple things that brought about greatness then. It will definitely help each of the sisters and us have fun and bring about great things now. We are so excited! 

I love you all so much. I absolutely know that this gospel is true. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. He reaches out with open arms to each of us.  I hope you each will see His hand in your life this week! 


Love, Sister Shelby Goudy 




 Displaying image1.JPG

My first day in the new area and they already had a baptism!





Our small and simple kick off video

No comments:

Post a Comment