Monday, March 13, 2017

3.13.17 Good Things to Come

Hey everyone! 

We are starting to get the winter weather here now. We are supposed to have some snow tonight and tomorrow so they want us home tonight by eight instead of nine. Then tomorrow we might need to stay inside all day. I can't decide if it is going to be a really big storm or if they just aren't as used to it so it seems like a lot. Can't wait to see what happens. 

This last week. We had some cool experience and some more growing experiences. Our friend JR got to go to the temple for the first time! We had dinner with him before he went.





We met a really cool guy named Robert who has been baptized several times into different churches and when we taught him about the priesthood he really understood it.

Another friend decided she didn't want to meet with us anymore either. That was hard. We were pretty sad having two people drop us in the last couple of weeks but it was cool to see how the Lord truly provided a way. I love this scripture in Alma 26 verse 27 it says: "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

We decided to look at the things we were doing and figure out what we needed to fix. We decided we needed to be better about being on time. This has been a big struggle for me all of my life and so working on it now has been kind of hard. I have decided that I will work my hardest and my best while I am in an area and trust that the Lord will have us be there as long as we need to be there. Instead of staying for an extra five minutes to knock one more door. As we have done this we have seen so many blessings. They didn't come right at first but as we kept working they did come. 

Saturday, we had a ward party and we invited one of our former investigators who we hadn't heard from for a long time so we dropped him for a bit. We turned around for a second and there he was! He came to the activity! Not only did he come but he started to get to know the members and said he is definitely interested in meeting with us! We set up a time for this week.  Not only that, we have had several of the members text us about having him over for a lesson so that was such a huge blessing. It was so cool!

Then on Sunday our friend Tony came to church. Tony is awesome! He is the one that asked us for the pamphlet a couple of months ago. He said, "Man I wish I would have come sooner!" He loved it and he followed along in the booklet the whole lesson. He even answered questions before all of the members. IT WAS A HUGE BLESSING!!! 

Then as we were heading downstairs at church we ran into a member and he said, "hey, this is my friend Joe." Turns out he wasn't a member. We talked to him for a while and he said he was really interested in learning more.

 So in the words of Elder Holland: "Don't you quit! You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late. And some don't come till heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

I add my testimony to Elder Holland’s. I know that things do get hard and it's okay if we acknowledge that they are hard. I also know that as we remember the bigger picture and that our loving Heavenly Father has a plan for us, we will be able to get through it. I know that this gospel is true. I love you all so much and I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 




Cherry Blossoms

Squirrel Eating 

No comments:

Post a Comment