Tuesday, January 3, 2017

01.02.17 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This New Year has come with a lot of changes. We had transfers on Thursday. I got transferred to the mid-singles ward in the mission. I've never served in a singles ward so that's pretty different for me.

Sunday we had meetings and it was so quiet. They had me get up for a minute and share my testimony. I thought the Bishop was joking at first, then it was really fun, we got to teach gospel principles. We taught about agency. It was so amazing to see how the spirit guided the discussion.

Our church building is a converted office building in Arlington. This is the closest to D.C. I've ever lived, it's pretty awesome. Very city but it's great. I'm serving with a sister named sister Willes. She is actually friends with someone I worked with so that's pretty cool. We will be serving together as sister training leaders. Which means we will get to work with six awesome sisters. We will do exchanges with them and then we get to go to leadership training with our mission president. I'm really excited it should be a lot of fun.

We've already seen some amazing miracle in just the short amount of time we've been together. The very first night we went to go check on this referral but we couldn't find the apartment complex so we went up this hill, we got to the top and it wasn't there, as we turned around there was a lady so we stopped to talk to her. Turns out no one is usually ever walking on that path when she comes home. She said it was so prophetic that we ran into her because her New Years resolution is to increase her faith. It was so awesome!!! We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she was so excited. Then as we got to our referral we met our friend Daniel. He has such a strong faith and he loved what we had to share. We are going to meet with him again this next week. Many miracles have happened and I'm so excited to see what else the Lord has in store for us.

Transfers are always kind of hard so I've been thinking about why we have to do them. As I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning, I read Mosiah 18 and verse 26 which really stuck out to me. It says, "And the priests were not to depend upon the people for their support; but for their labor they were to receive the grace of God, that they might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that they might teach with power and authority from God." Many times we go through hard things so we can more fully rely on the Lord. I'm so grateful for the blessing I've being forced out of my comfort zone to become who the Lord needs us to be. With New Year’s coming up we will all have the chance to set some great goals to help us do just that.

I want to invite you all to think of something you can do to help yourself stretch and get out of your comfort zone. I promise that Heavenly Father will be there every step of the way with you.  As I was trying to adjust to being in this new area, we had the chance last night to go work at the temple Visitors Center for the last night of the year. As I was going around I kept running into people from my last area. I was so happy to see them and I know it was Heavenly Father telling me that I'm in good hands and that everything will be great. I know it will be the same for you!

I love you all so much, have a great week! 

Love, 
Sister Goudy 










No comments:

Post a Comment