Wednesday, December 7, 2016

12.7.16 Got to Go To The Temple



Hello Everyone! 


This week was incredible! We saw so many amazing things happen.

Our mission has a goal where we do three small and simple things at least three times a day and I know it's really brought such amazing miracles. The first thing is:  to invite three people to church, then we try to ask for referrals from three people, and the last one is my favorite, we try to talk about baptism three times a day.  Since we have done these three  things we have found some amazing people and we have seen a lot of progression in our investigators.

I got to go back to Warrenton to see the baptism of Aaron. His dad was able to baptism him and it was an amazing experience. On the drive back to Warrenton our ward mission leaders wife was telling me about some awesome missionary experiences she had had in the past but that they hadn't quite turned out how she had expected. A couple of days later we went over for dinner with them and she sent us over to one of the families she was telling me about. She said that every time the missionaries had gone over, the people had always turned them away but she said she felt like we should maybe try again. It was the night of the Christmas devotional and we really wanted to go but we hadn't been able to get any of our investigators to go so we prayed about it and decided to go contact some referrals. We felt like we should try her referral. We went over and this really confident girl answered the door. She has such a strong faith and told us of many times she has seen her prayers answered. She loved everything we taught her and she said we could come back. We are going back tomorrow! I know that things truly work out in the Lords timing and that this is his work.

One of my favorite scriptures from my reading this week is ENOS 1: verse 12, it says, "And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith."  I love this verse because many times this week we prayed for guidance and labored to find our prayers answered. I know that the Lord truly blessed us as we continue in faith.

Our friend Judith had been doing so well at preparing  for baptism and we had the best lesson ever with her last night. We truly saw an answer to our prayers. We had to have a lesson on something and we weren't sure how she was going to take it. As we pushed forward and talked about what we needed to, she said it was something she had already been thinking about! I was so grateful for that and how well it went. I know God truly answers our prayers and that specific prayers bring specific blessing.

I want to invite you all to pray for something specifically this week. I promise the Lord will answer your prayer specifically.

Love, Sister Goudy





No comments:

Post a Comment