Monday, May 29, 2017

5.29.17 Memorial Weekend

Hey Everyone!                                                    5/29/17

This week was quite the adventure. One crazy roller coaster. Haha!

 One of the fun things about a mission is its every emotion wrapped in one amazingly spiritual package that I wouldn’t trade for the world. I don't know if something was in the air or what but people weren't too happy this week. We got some good laughs. I think it really solidifies for me the phrase that says, " Kindness begins with me". There’s  a lot that happens in life that we don't have control over. The only thing we have control over is how we respond.

I was reminded of that when we knocked on a man’s door. The screen was locked so we gave it a nice loud knock. It turns out we weren't the first people this week to knock on his door that way and he was not to happy. We met him on the side of his home walking away. With his stern comments, we had a split second to decide how to respond. 

Later, as we were talking, I told Sister Lovell that I have really felt amazingly blessed to have the Lord’s help in times like that. I instantly decide to not take what he said personally and just respond in an apologetic way. We felt so bad for startling him. As he realized that, his heart was soften and he begin to explain his story to us. He said he had recently had an accident and he had trouble walking, so getting to the door was rather hard. It was one of the best teaching opportunities I had this week by far. I truly know that "Kindness does begin with us." As we treat others with love the spirit will speak to their hearts and we all can come away uplifted!

I sure love you all and am so grateful for your love and support.

Your kindness has truly softened my heart. 

Love, Sister Goudy 












No comments:

Post a Comment